Student Blogging Challenge Week #5

This week is all about music so I decided to research the Beatles. I hope you enjoy the paragraph.
The Beatles
The Beatles are one of the world’s most popular and famous rock n roll bands of all time. The Beatles were a band from the United Kingdom that formed in 1960 and broke up in 1970. The members of the Beatles were John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. The themes of the Beatles songs were love, peace, help, and imagination. The instruments they used in their songs were mostly guitars, bass, and drums. The style they played in was 1950s rock n roll. Some of their popular recordings were “Blackbird”, “Hey Jude”, “Here Comes the Sun”, and “Help!”. They were influenced by Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, and Buddy Holly & the Crickets. The Beatles were very influential to all people and races, so they would refuse to play to segregated audiences, to set an example for people adjusting to a new life style. In the time the Beatles performed, 1960-70, they recorded a whopping 13 albums and wrote at least 115 songs! While that is a huge achievement over the course of 10 years, Unfortunately there are only two out of the four members from the Beatles alive today, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr. John Lennon and George Harrison passed away a while back. This is very sad considering that they were still fairly young, but I know their legacy will live on forever through their music. I like the Beatles because they were a big part of Rock n Roll, and that they still influence people today. All of the Beatles hard work over the years paid off when they were inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in 1988. They are one of the most influential artists in Rock n Roll history and are still popular today.

6 thoughts on “Student Blogging Challenge Week #5

1. Hi, Anna!

I am a commenter for Student Blogging Challenge.

This is a very informative post about The Beatles! Do you have a favorite Beatles song? Mine is “Here Comes the Sun”.

1. Dear, Mrs. Wohlafka
      My favorite Beatles song has to be Blackbird.
      I am going to learn how to play the song on my guitar. I also really like Twist and shout.
      From,
      Anna

2. Hi Anna,
    Thank you! I love the Beatles! ( I was born in 1956, so . . .) It is definitely the music of my youth. You did an excellent job of highlighting their years of being on top of the music world.

Who is your favorite Beatle? What do you think is their best song?

Marg
    Student blogging commenter
    1marg.edublogs.org

3. I also like Rock and Roll music it is a big part of my family. My mom grew up loving the Beatles. She still listens to them while she cleans.